Monday, June 14, 2010

Things I would like to read by the end of June.

I find that if I blog my personal goals, I'm much more likely to stick with them.  Like not drinking soda (still going strong).  So I'm just letting you all know that my goal is to read these three books by the end of June. 

A friend from church loaned us this one just this Sunday.  It goes along with a lot of the discussions our Sunday School class has been having recently about getting out of our comfort zones and truly serving God.  




Mike received this one for Christmas last year.  There are tons of books in this series (we also currently own The Simpsons and Philosophy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy).  William Irwin, the editor of this series, is married to one of Mike's professors from back in the day when he took college classes during his senior year of high school.  So, fun connection.  I like this series, and I like The Office, so hopefully I'll enjoy this book. 



And my "guilty pleasure" reading.  I bought this over a year ago, and have yet to finish it (a bad habit of mine).  It's about the scandals and secrets of turn-of-the-(20th)-century high society, so I expect it will be a quick, fun read. 



I'm determined to let you know about these book at the end of the month.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

luck luck luck! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

bethchien said...

oooo "Luxe" look intriguing!

Tiffeney said...

Crazy Love is an amazing, challenging book. Be prepared to be slapped in the face numerous times! I loved it!