Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blueberries and black raspberries

I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "Is it summer yet?" And then I realized that I had to get up, because I'm still contracted for three more days of work this month.  I am so ready for a nice, relaxing Saturday.


Today was spent cleaning my classroom.  I threw away three huge bags of trash, and I haven't even started on my storage room yet.  So, I'll get back to that tomorrow.  I don't plan on getting the storage room finished, but I'll probably make a decent dent in it.  Normally I don't even manage to do that.

On my way home from work, Stacy called to see if I still wanted to go with her to the orchard to pick blueberries.  Ummm...yes! 

Blueberries

Raspberry Picking

Blueberries

Lots of fun, and now I have fresh blueberries and black raspberries.  And I had a peach cider slushie, which was amazing! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

nothing like fresh blueberries! We have a blueberry farm nearby and those suckers are so much bigger and juicier than the ones in the grocery store!

The peach cider slush sounds amazing! I am a sucker for anything peach.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yum!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

two more days dear! almost summer! and ... YUM!

Unknown said...

Ooooh...DO you have a recipe for that peach cider slushie? Sounds YUMM!

Hanneke said...

Hmmm blueberries that's been such a long time since I had them!!! They look delicious!!

Have a wonderfull weekend!!!
Hugs, Hanneke

Jocelyn said...

Oh I love fresh berries....how lucky!!!!

Yay for you being completed with the school year!!! Cleaning out is a good thing!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

sarah said...

mmmmmm..... blueberries.... me wants....

and is today your last day of work?!

happy friday.

hugs,
sarah.

Jessica Wilson said...

OMG, that slushie sounds amazing!!! I want one:) And I love blueberries!!! I just made blueberry pancakes this morning:) Seriously if you haven't tried Amy's recipe for pancakes...it is the best!!! And add blueberries and it is great:) Love, jess