Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blueberries and black raspberries

I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "Is it summer yet?" And then I realized that I had to get up, because I'm still contracted for three more days of work this month.  I am so ready for a nice, relaxing Saturday.


Today was spent cleaning my classroom.  I threw away three huge bags of trash, and I haven't even started on my storage room yet.  So, I'll get back to that tomorrow.  I don't plan on getting the storage room finished, but I'll probably make a decent dent in it.  Normally I don't even manage to do that.

On my way home from work, Stacy called to see if I still wanted to go with her to the orchard to pick blueberries.  Ummm...yes! 

Blueberries

Raspberry Picking

Blueberries

Lots of fun, and now I have fresh blueberries and black raspberries.  And I had a peach cider slushie, which was amazing! 

8 comments:

*kim* said...

nothing like fresh blueberries! We have a blueberry farm nearby and those suckers are so much bigger and juicier than the ones in the grocery store!

The peach cider slush sounds amazing! I am a sucker for anything peach.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yum!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

amy lapi said...

two more days dear! almost summer! and ... YUM!

mandiegirl said...

Ooooh...DO you have a recipe for that peach cider slushie? Sounds YUMM!

Hanneke said...

Hmmm blueberries that's been such a long time since I had them!!! They look delicious!!

Have a wonderfull weekend!!!
Hugs, Hanneke

Jocelyn said...

Oh I love fresh berries....how lucky!!!!

Yay for you being completed with the school year!!! Cleaning out is a good thing!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

sarah said...

mmmmmm..... blueberries.... me wants....

and is today your last day of work?!

happy friday.

hugs,
sarah.

JessiW said...

OMG, that slushie sounds amazing!!! I want one:) And I love blueberries!!! I just made blueberry pancakes this morning:) Seriously if you haven't tried Amy's recipe for pancakes...it is the best!!! And add blueberries and it is great:) Love, jess