Sunday, June 27, 2010

The big three-oh

First of all, thanks for all the birthday wishes on my last post, as well as on Facebook!  I love checking my email on my birthday...it makes me feel special!  :)   Today I rang 30 in true old-person style.  After church, I came home, watched Germany vs. England (which was an awesome game), and then fell asleep to the sounds of NPR.  Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit.  I didn't do much celebrating today because Mike is on the committee to hire a new principal at his school, so it's just been me and the cat. I did manage to clear out enough space to do a little scrapping on the floor.  (We still haven't moved furniture.)  I'll share my layout when the new TAAFOMFT challenge goes up in a few days.

Speaking of TAAFOMFT, if you want to see a great pic of me and Julie from last summer, go here.  Ha! 

And really, I'm not dreading turning 30 at all.  It beats the alternative, right?  My twenties were great time in my life, and I have a feeling my thirties will be just as (if not more) amazing.   I'm looking forward to it! 

10 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

I don't know what the big deal is with people dreading certain ages anyway....I feel as long as I've reached another birthday, then I should feel blessed!!! And my thirty will be coming in a couple years:)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

You are going to love your thirties girl! Happy Happy birthday my friend!

Deana said...

Happy Birthday, Bekka!

Trust me on this. Your 30's are going to be WAY MORE FABULOUS than your 20's! Life keeps getting better the older you get!

Big hugs...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my LOVE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend!!! ENJOY!!!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I'm behind on my reader, and didn't know it was your birthday! I hope that you have a really fabulous year, Bekka! :)

Amy said...

happy bday again dearie! <3

Unknown said...

better late than never...got behind on my reader yesterday.

Happy 30thandoneday! ;)

Sounds like you got to lay low which is not so much a bad thing in my book.

EverydayMe said...

Behind, but wanted to wish you a happy happy happy birthday... and a year full of wonderful things... Blessings!!!{{hugs}} Michelle

mandysea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hOpe you had a wonderful time!!!!!