Sunday, June 20, 2010

How we celebrated year six.

Our anniversary was fantastic!  We spent the day doing some funiture/antique shopping.  (Mike made a discover -- he likes antiquing because it's like going to a history museum, except that you can buy what's on display.)  We went to two Peddler's Malls (but not the one we normally go to).  They used to be so great back when I first moved to the area.  I bought a lot of my furniture from them.  So junky now -- a very nasty flea-market vibe.  But, we decided to try a couple of antique malls in Lexington.  They were so much better, and I have two new great placed to browse.  The first one we went to was Meadowthorpe Antiques.  Lots of cute stuff there (of course I took pics of stuff, and I'll share that tomorrow, since I haven't uploaded them yet).  I found a camera.  Not just any camera.   A Kodak Duaflex.  Now I can try TTV photography!

 


Our next stop was just down the street to a cute little place called Feather Your Nest.  I'm surprised Mike made it through the door, because this display greeted you when you entered.  (If you know Mike, it's very likely you are familiar with the discomfort that yard gnomes cause him.)


At the back of the store was the cutest little booth in the corner.  Serious candy-coated bliss!  I admit, I squealed. 


 
We had dinner at a very nice Indian restaurant called Tandoor.  The atmosphere was great.  There was no background noise drowning out conversation.  The one waiter who was working we never once made us feel neglected, and was so professional.  And the food was fantastic!  I had Chicken Bhuna.  Mike had Lamb Bhuna.  Oh, and I'm convinced I could eat my weight in Naan. 



Best of all, I got to spend the day with this guy!  That part makes it the best anniversary ever!  :)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i
want
that
camera!!!!
soooooooooooooooooo very cool!! I'm glad U had a great anniversary!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Congrats Bekka and so nice to see you had such a great day together!!! Love all the pics, although the gnomes freak me out a little!!!

Jocelyn said...

Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate your life together!!!!! You two are sooooo cute!!!

Wishing you a great one!!

sandra said...

happy belated anniversary to you two.

i had to LOL at the gnome thing, sorry!

isn't naan delicious?? i love!

EverydayMe said...

happy anniversary... congrats... looks like you both had a great day!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle