Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer cleaning

I'm down to one more day of work remaining for this school year.  I've been meaning to get my clasroom and storage organized for the last two years.  Two years ago, I was moved back into my classroom after construction, just before the first day of school.  I really had no opportunity to get things where I wanted them.  Last summer, I was hard at work sanding the walls in the living room (we had just bought the house), and by the time I got to my classroom a few days after school was out, my stuff had already been moved into the hallway and my floor was in the process of being waxed.  This year, I made it very clear that I needed a couple of extra days to clean my room out, and that the results would be totally worth it if I could have them.  And I got them.  (Although now I'm thinking two days weren't enough.  I'm hoping if I show up really early on Monday, the custodians will let me keep cleaning.)

I don't have a before picture of yesterday's progress, but here's what my classroom looked like at the end of the day: 

Kind of like a blank slate that I'll get to make pretty in August.  :)

So here's what my storage room looked like at 8:00 this morning:


And by 2pm, it looked like this: 

Oh, and here's the ginormous pile of boxes from today:

And, it's Friday!!!  I am so happy about that.  Here's my Friday Fill-Ins for the week:
  1. I'm sure getting your entire classroom cleaned and organized feels great.
  2. The solution is 42.
  3. After two days of cleaning and organizing, I am ready to fall asleep.
  4. How about recommending a blog that you enjoy...I would love some new summer reads.
  5. Ben & Jerry's Flourless Chocolate Cake Ice Cream is something I highly recommend!
  6. Imagine my surprise when I found out I'll most likely have five different classes next year!  And that I'm kind of excited about this.
  7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include Half-Price Books (maybe?!) and Sunday, I want to go to my first Reds game!
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your classroom looks AWESOME!!! And here is an old SIS friend of mine that is an avid reader and does some GREAT reviews on all the books she reads!! loveeeee her blog!! http://lifeinthethumb.blogspot.com/

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Wow! So very proud of you for organizing so well! That must feel really good ;)
bravo!
-d