Sunday, June 13, 2010

My first Cincinnati Reds game

Today I saw my first major league baseball game.  Mike's brother, Matt, plans at least one weekend a year with some friends that involves the Kentucky Speedway and the Cincinnati Reds.  This year, I was invited to join them!  It was ridiculously hot, but the seats were very good...we saw a home run hit to the section next to us.  Hopefully this link will take you to the video...if you look to the far right of your screen, at about 0:07, you'll see a guy in the front row in a maroon shirt raise his fist in excitement.  That's my husband.  :)

I took the liberty of grabbing a still image for you.  Notice Mike is celebrating, and I am cowering, as I do with all sports involving spherical objects. 


And just a few more pics from today. 

Reds Game
I love this pic of the field...love how the crisscross grass pattern looks in black+white.

Reds Game
Matt (far right) with his friends Ryan and Pete.

Reds Game
Mike, enjoying the game.

Reds Game
Mike, not enjoying the picture so much. 
Reds Game
The jumbotron was behind us...kind of a pain, but not so distracting.

After the game, we had an early dinner at Hofbräuhaus.  Awesome German food and some of the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten.  What was really neat about this trip was that Germany was playing their opening round against Australia in the World Cup, and there were some very entertaining fans.  (At Hofbräuhaus, you are encouraged to stand on your table to celebrate.)  And Germany won, so that was good.  Now if only I could get the Chicken Dance out of my head.

Hofbräuhaus

Tomorrow, I am not going to work.  I had planned on it, but I have until June 30 to get this day in, so I think I'm going to take a few days to relax first.  Plus, I'm trying my best to get over this cold, and I don't think the dust from Thursday and Friday did me any favors.  I'll go back after I'm 100% again. 

I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUN!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Hehe we don't think it's a good thing Germany won!!!!!!;) (we lost the finals of them somewhere in the 70's, and that still bugs us)Anyway love the pics!!!

Hugs Hanneke