Thursday, April 29, 2010

This has been a great week!

Tuesday night, I got to spend time with one of my very favorite friends. Charlie (the lady in the pic rocking the faux-hawk) used to teach in the same department that I do. She moved away a couple of years ago, and  this week stopped by while on a road trip with her sister.  I was so happy to see her (1) because it's been a year since I last saw her and (2) because she'll be deploying to Kuwait in the fall for a year.  Believe me when I say that she is one of the most positive, upbeat people I know.  She recently kicked cancer's butt, and the other night was telling us that she sees the fact that she's being deployed as a sort of a validation that things are back to normal with her.  (Oh boy...I am not that good at seeing the silver lining.)  I've missed her so much, but it's just so funny how you can pick right back up where you left off with someone you haven't seen in so long.  Mike and I are hoping to road trip with a couple of other teachers this summer to visit her before she leaves. 

I just realized I forgot to give you a Lance update!  He is doing fantastic -- he's at 100% engraftment (which is very, very good), and was discharged from the hospital a week earlier than expected.  They're still staying near the hospital and going every other day for tests and treatments, but praise God he is doing so well!  If you could, please say a prayer that he continues to eat well...he's been on a feeding tube, but has been eating well on his own...Amanda's latest report mentioned that if he was able to keep 25-30 ounces of formula down today, the tube comes out tomorrow! 

And tomorrow's Friday!!! 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

glad to see that lance is good!!! and what a sweet photo of your friend! :):):):) ohhhhhhhhhhhhh and ummmmmmm send me an email...i think the latest lo in our bucket is yours....is it for tomorrow?? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love this pic and so glad it has been such a great week!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Amy said...

It is wonderful to have true friends like that. Goodness I have missed lots. Gotta catch up on my blog hopping. I will be saying prayers for Lance and your friend. I found something cool I will be sending you very soon. Something small I thought you might like. Hugs,Amy

Hanneke said...

how great is it to meet up with loved ones you haven't seen for so long!!!! Good to hear Lance is doing good!!!
Have a great weekend!!