Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday, you were a fun day.

Today was food bag Sunday.  This means our Sunday School class bags food for some local students to take home on the weekends.  Lots of fun...especially if you enjoy assembly lines. 




We had Thai food after church.  We weren't exactly planning on it, but after Sunday School, our friends' son, Micah, came up to me and asked, "Can you ask Mommy and Daddy if they want to go out to eat with you?"  I wondered for a second if he meant that his mom and dad wanted us to go eat with them, but Micah is a very bright child...he knew exactly what he was asking.  So I walked over to Stacy just to check if she sent him over.  Nope...I was right.  But, it turns out that we all up for Thai food, so really, the kid made a great suggestion. 

I bought two new pairs of running shoes today.  I usually buy a new pair every two years, and that was when I wasn't running.  I've noticed lately that my feet hurt when I run on the trail, and I decided that it was time for a change.  I love my old pair of Adidas, but they've been retired to "casual shoe" as of today.  After a great deal of searching, I decided on Saucony -- one for trail running, and one for street running.  I stumbled upon the trick to finding a good fit...wear shoes that are not comfortable (for me, that means no arch support, no ankle support), and just keep trying on shoes until you let out a comfortable, relaxed sigh.  Those are your shoes.  :)



We also went grocery shopping.  As I was putting the groceries away, I found Lola hanging out in a new spot:


I just love her to bits.  <3

I have a recipe to share tomorrow.  Well, a recipe in progress at least.  I'm in one of two modes in the kitchen...follow the recipe to the letter, or just start throwing ingredients together until they make something.  Tomorrow, you get to experience the latter. 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

great photos miss bekka! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

assembly lines... hehe! :)

and yum to thai food. i could go for some of that today. as a matter of fact, you have inspired me to make thai curry. :)

ummm, and why is lola so adorable?! she is too cute! i bet she'll find another place to hang out by the end of the week.... hehe.

hugs,
sarah.

Tiffeney said...

I love when you put recipies on here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Potato Soup. We have it like every other week. Thanks again!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Sounds like a great Sunday! Who doesn't love assembly lines? :-p