Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An April shower, this was not.

First of all, let me just say:  IT'S FINALLY SPRING BREAK!!!!

And with Spring, you get the occasional storm.  Mike is the type of guy who likes to sit out on the porch and watch a storm as it passes.  I'm the type of person who perfers staying safely inside.  Yesterday evening, it became dark and windy outside.  Mike weather.  I was inside when Mike ran in the house and told me to go down to the basement.  This is what he saw:




The cloud wasn't the scary thing...it was that the cloud was moving in one direction, and the wind was blowing in the other.  Not a promising combination. 

After a few minutes, it passed to the other side of the house.  That's when we felt brave enough to go outside with the camera.  (You always wonder who those people are that videotape severe weather, right? I never suspected it was us.)  Now, it didn't actually form into a tornado, but I'm reasonably certain this is as close as I want to get to one.




My mom kinda yelled at me on Facebook last night...from the next-to-last photo, it looks like we're far away from our house...actually, we were right next to it.  That's someone else's house, I promise. 

5 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks quite scary. I'm glad you figured out you were safe before you went out taking pics!!!! I can see how your mom would be upset though:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

that does look scary....and i'm with mama...lol..i would have yelled at U too!! LOL!!! this ain't 'we got cows' movie U know...i like my bekka just like she is....in one piece! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Colleen said...

Wow! Now that is some weather I can live without seeing! Glad you're safe...

sarah said...

yikes~! talk about a storm. i think it's cute that your mom got on your case... that's totally something my mom would do too. haha.

hope the weather is looking better.

hugs,
sarah.

Unknown said...

SCARY!!!!!

Yet PRETTY all at once. Glad you guys are safe.