Monday, April 19, 2010

My favorite snack

I absolutely love Larabar.  It's my planning period snack (7:30-12:15 is just too long to go without food).  Seriously, the ingredients more or less come from a tree, and you can count the number of them on one hand most of the time.  These are my three favorites:




There is one teensy drawback...they're so expensive.  I usually buy mine at Walmart (where I can only find one of my top three) because they're $1.08.  Sometimes Kroger has them on sale for $1.  But sometimes they cost twice that amount.  I'm a fancy snacker. 

I decided to look online for recipes so I could make my own.  I found this oneAnd this oneThis one looks to be the most promising. But I don't know that I'll be saving much money.  Mostly because I don't know the going price of dates.  But it's worth a try if the numbers work, right? 

On an unrelated note, I hope I can breathe through my nose tonight.  Stupid allergies. 

Also, thanks for the well-wishes for Lola.  She's much better now.  I have a feeling she ate one of the peppercorns I dropped when I was refilling the pepper grinder, and it didn't agree with her.  

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

feel better love! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) Those sound YUMMY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melonie said...

I will have to snag some of these next time I am at Walmart. Always looking for healthy snacks. Glad Lola is feeling better.

Jocelyn said...

I love these toooooo...they are my favorites and I was lucky enough to find a Huge box of them at Costco!!!

Hope you can breathe through that nose!!!! I am having the same issues!!

Have a great day!!

Hanneke said...

hope you feel better soon, do you have Hay fever?? Rick has it and is sitting right beside me with a wet towel cause his eyes hurt terrible!!!!

sarah said...

allergies are so not fun! feel better soon.

hugs,
sarah.

Deana said...

I tried these for the first time at the finish line of my 2nd half marathon. They are REALLY good. I'll have to check out the recipes. My go-to snack in between breakfast & lunch is the Kashi bars (http://www.kashi.com/products/crunchy_granola_bars_honey_toasted_7_grain). Inside each package is 2 thin bars. One of them is enough to sustain me until lunch & I leave the other in a baggie in my purse for the next day.

Hope you're having a great week! :-)