Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Berea College on The Mickey Mouse Club (1955)

Did you know that in 1955, The Mickey Mouse Club highlighted Berea College (my alma mater) in a segment?  I didn't either until tonight.  The clip is only a couple of minutes long, but worth watching.  When you see the part with the ladies weaving, know that that was my first labor position.  Except I never learned how to weave because I knew how to sew. 



(Also, we had our Knife-and-Fork dinner tonight, and I just have to share the quote of the night from our 4-year old friend Micah:  "I love it when you are excellent and you bring dessert.")

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is soooooooooooooooo cool....and I think U are excellent all the time...with or without a dessert....even though desserts might make u more excellent! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Oh wow love that movie!!! And love that quote although I am with Julie, you're exelent all the time!!!!

sarah said...

knife and fork.... what does that mean... am i being slow again!?