Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fill-In, TAAFOMFT, and students. I'm just glad this title started with "Friday".

  1. I was so tired this morning...this thing where the sun is still out at 8:30. is really messing with me.
  2. Last month I went to a conference and took Shopgirl with me, and I left my book in my backpack for about a month after I came home because I am bad at books
  3. Why some people are satisfied with being miserable is beyond me.
  4. Curiousity about what was going on in my classroom was in my thoughts today. 
  5. One of my father's favorite sayings was actually in the form of turkey calls :)
  6. You say your allergies are driving you mad? --I know that feeling!
  7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to German movie night, tomorrow my plans include some Derby watching, and Sunday, I want to avoid the rain...but I don't think that's going to happen!

The new challenge is up over at TAAFOMFT -- your favorite music style.  I am a sucker for all things mellow and indie.  The kind of music you hear at the end of shows like One Tree Hill, Scrubs, and ER.  A lot of my favorite songs have come from OTH, so I thought it would be a good idea to list them.  Julie mentioned on the blog that the pink woodgrain is one of her favorite papers -- I could not agree more!  I've been hanging onto this one for a little while, waiting for the perfect time to use it. 



I feel the need to share some student antics.  Today at school, several student organizations participated in Unite to Read.  This is where we invite the 3rd graders from the elementary schools to participate in some activites based on a certain book.  There was a little down-time in between sessions...this is what my students did to keep themselves entertained: 



Normally I don't show pics from school, but since no one is identifiable, I think we're good.

And of course, I can't forget the include the message they wanted to welcome the 3rd graders with:


Teenagers.  Yeesh.  :)

I hope your weekend is great! 

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I totally AGREE with #3!!! amen! And U know I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your LO....U know Jessi recently used that on a lo too...lol...and I found SOME more at a LSS and bought one (should have bought 3 or 4...lol!) and again I AM HOARDING it!!! LOL!!!! And cute photos....loving their sign to the kids!! LOL!! Sounds like something I would do! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

i love that layout, and the sun is messing with me too! lol!

Deana said...

I think my own little 3rd grader would've been slightly nervous when she read that. LOL!

LOVE your FAV THINGS LO. That's a show I've never seen before.

:-)