Saturday, April 17, 2010

2010 Raggedy Ann 5K

I ran the Raggedy Ann 5K this morning.  It was a very chilly 45 degrees.  I think that's why I look kind of weird and uncomfortable in the photo below (that's Ashley next to me).   



I haven't run 5K since September.  My goal, as always, was to run without stopping.  I'm going to say that I achieved this goal, even though I did stop once.  But that was just because my shoe came untied.  Even then, I briefly considered just going on.  But I still had more than a mile to go at that point, so I stopped.  But other than that, it felt like a good run.  I kept replaying Jay-Z's "Run This Town" for the last half-mile -- I think that might be my favorite song to run to.   Oh, and I completely lost my focus on the last tenth of a mile because I rounded the corner to see Mike with the flip camera in one hand, and the iPhone in the other.  Funny sight.  :)



I finished at 38:08 (according to the time Mike was keeping).  But it still felt like one of the better 5Ks I've run, despite this being my slowest time.  I really hadn't put much time into training. 



Oh, and I thiink I'll be running my 10K in July.  But for now, I'm very tired and sore, and I need to sleep.  Goodnight, all! 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

but where oh where is mike in his Raggedy Ann costume??? lol!! i loveeeeeeeeee the photos and YAYYYYYYYYYY U for doing it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica Wilson said...

Wow, you definitely have more energy than I do right now...Yay for completing it and not stopping(tying a shoe doesn't count).
Love, Jess

Amy said...

good lord woman, you are tiny!
i am inspired by your motivation. go bekka!!! :)

sarah said...

congrats to you for doing this! i totally commend you! you're my hero!

hugs,
sarah.