Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Right now I'm...

  • listening to "Gone" by Jack Johnson, and "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole on Pandora.
  • relaxing, because I think I've settled into my grove at work.  (Seriously, I have a great schedule this year -- my first four classes of the day are all different, then planning, then two repeat classes.  I feel like I might be very good at using my planning period this year.)
  • not taking a nap, because of a huge lightening strike that scared me.
  • staring at the rain drops on the window pane.
  • feeling extremely tired.  So much so that I'm skipping out on trivia tonight.  Last week, I think I was in denial about how much this week would wear me down.
  • kind of excited to hear that Rhys Darby (Murray from Flight of the Conchords) has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Steve Carrell on The Office.   I can see this working...
  • waiting for Mike to get home.  (Okay, he came home while I was writing this post.  Yay!)
  • smelling the bacon he's making for dinner. 
  • checking out ticket prices for Idina Menzel in September.
  • feeling happy about a good day with students.  Hoping for another one.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok... I am sooooooooooo happy I read your blog...you help me keep up with pop culture...since I had to cancel my People subscription...boo! LOL!! And I want bacon for dinner! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Love your post, so sorry about the lightning!!:(
Loved your previous post about the baby questions!!! My fave one was, How many months??? Where is that baby, must be a little one!! ( when was 7 months due)

sarah said...

yes lighting totally scares me too! me no likey it!

and your mix of music sounds like something i'd be listening to. yay for good music.

hugs to you (and baby),
sarah.

Unknown said...

It's weird how overwhelming my blog reader can be (I am sure we can all relate) but I always click and read your posts...they are quick, fun, interesting and inspiring.
Thanks for that! :)