Thursday, August 19, 2010

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Today was one big headache.  In the most literal sense.  Nagging sinus pain, all day long.  I couldn't remember if I was allowed to take any otc medicine for it, so at lunch I called the nurse line at my physician's office.  Of course, my lovely phone company didn't give me access to the voicemail from the nurse until I got home from work around 4:00 (even though she got back to me within 10 minutes of my call -- they're really awesome over there).  So I took a generic Tylenol and a 2-hour nap.  Then another Tylenol.  Then a two-mile walk with Ashley.  My headache was still going strong (I'm thinking sinus pressure, because a lot of people seemed to be having the same problem today) -- on top of that it was making me a bit queasy -- so I did something that might make you not so proud of me.  I had some Pepsi.  I have no intention of making this a regular habit.  I just felt so yucky, and that usually helps.  And it did.  So I can't say I regret it, because I feel better.  But for the sake of accountability, I thought it would be best to confess my bad deed to all of you. 

Forgive me?   :)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww i hope you feel better!! And of course I forgive you... we can blame the baby!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

LOL.... if that's the worst thing you ever do in your life is drink caffeine occasionally.... I don't think you have anything to feel bad about! Glad to hear your remedy worked! :-)

EverydayMe said...

I get sinus headaches all the time... and if you want something that you don't have to worry about hurting the baby... try using a neddy-pot... I've been using for a few years now and it had made such a difference in my life... sinus headaches can be the worst...honestly I wish someone would have told me when I was pregnant... I could have really used it....

Take care... praying for you....
{{hugs}} Michelle

p.s. here is a link for info on a neddy-pot...
http://cold.emedtv.com/neti-pot/neddy-pot.html