Sunday, August 22, 2010

Busy weekend

I have not had a weekend this busy in a very long time!  Saturday started out easy...I would have slept in had I not woke up sometime around 6am.  For no reason, of course.  We went shopping for a couple of hours.  I realized this week that I was in need of a Bella Band.  (Yes, my dressy work pants are getting a wee bit tight.)  And somehow as we left Target, I managed to talk Mike into a quick trip to Babies-R-Us.  I'm still not sure what made him agree.  It was definitely overwhelming -- Mike thinks it would be best to set a budget, then let Mom and I make all the purchasing decisions.  :)

When we got home, that's when the busy part started.   Our church held a Back to School Block Party for kids in the area.  Inflatables, face-painting, food, stilt-walkers.  You could call it four hours of crazy.  :)  I was at the refreshments station for most of the party, except for when I was taking photos.  (Last year I did face-painting, but decided being that close to little kid germs was not the best idea for me in my "delicate condition"...lol).  Mike, Forrest, and Ashley were there as well.  I thought I was going to dream in lemonade that night.



After the block party, we went to Leono's and I had the most amazing mini pizza I've ever had.  And I've had many Leono's mini pizzas.  The perfect amount of cheese, the crust was made just right...it didn't hurt that I was super hungry after the block party, either. 

Today our Sunday School class had a baby shower for Kristin.  She's having a little girl on Friday! 


Side note: I picked up a plain pink bag from Target yesterday.  No intention of coordinating anything.  I woke up extra tired this morning, with what I thought was very little creative energy.  I realized that I did not have a card to go with Kristin's gift...I pulled out one of my standby yellow-with-white-dots note cards from the Michael's and happened upon a matching label.  I then realized that I had matching yellow tissue paper (good thing I'm a tissue paper junkie!) and pink MLS letter stickers that matched the bag.  The creativity is coming back...slowly, but it's starting to show itself.  Hooray!



Tonight, it was our Sunday School class' turn to served dinner at the church park.  The biggest job was keeping the flies away.  They were beyond ridiculous tonight!  My arms are tired from all the shooing.  But we got everything set up, served, and cleaned up, and that in itself is a lot! 

As I pulled into the driveway this evening, I noticed a nearly full moon.  Prayers for teachers this week are welcome.  :) 

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am always praying for teachers!! With attitudes like Adam's ... you need it! LOL!! And hehehehehe... ok... I promise not to be preachy during your pregnancy...soooooooooo promise that to you.. lol... but I have to share my FUNNY theory... and I only say this because I have given birth three times and it has happened to me EVERY TIME...lol... I am a DEAD SLEEPER...total DEAD to the world sleep...but every pregnancy...I would wake up like crazy...and I totally BELIEVE (I know...I am a total nut...but you love me anyways! LOL!)... that we wake up like crazy so we KNOW what its gonna be like the first six weeks of their life! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

i will pray for you! hehe. i know how hard it is to be a teacher sometimes, my mom taught high school bio and algebra for years!! youre a strong woman, i dont know how well i would do taming a bunch of high schoolers, lol!
it sounds like you had a super fun and busy weekend!!
i bet youre the cutest pregnant woman ever! :) so cute you bought a bella band. babies ARE expensive arent they?? yikes. its a good plan to budget!
I just read julie's comment. i was the exact same way when i was prego, waking up ALL the time for no reason! I'm a total dead sleeper too. john hates trying to wake me up in the mornings, lol.

Unknown said...

I thought you woke up early when I saw what time you left a comment on my blog on Saturday! Silly girl! Hope you can rest better SOON!

mellybean@hughes.net said...

God bless teachers! Always in my prayers:) You really did have a busy weekend but it looks like you had fun too! Hope this week is kind to you.
(((HUGS)))

Deana said...

Darling packaging! Full moon... uh oh! :-)

EverydayMe said...

praying for you... {{hugs}} Michelle