Monday, August 9, 2010

Opening day.

It's that magical time of year again.  The beginning of a new school year.  I'm feeling surprisingly calm about it for some reason (probably because my freaking out is being directed elsewhere at the moment).  But today was opening day -- the day before students arrive.  We had our district "Appreciation Celebration".  Great idea, except I was seated with elementary and middle school teachers who felt no need to socialize with me (well, one of them finally did...during the keynote speech).  So, it was a boring two hours.  But the district provided breakfast, so I can't complain too much, right?

Opening Day



After the Appreciation Celebration, I worked in my classroom until 5:30, and then went to Wal-Mart so I could pick up a few things I needed for tomorrow.  Then I came home, did some housework, and made curtains for my room.  They are quite adequate, if I do say so myself. 

And now I'm exhausted.  No time for a nap today.  No time for a nap all week, I imagine.  Can I call it a rude awakening if it makes me want to fall asleep?

PS -- Thank you for all the sweet comments from yesterday's post!  They mean so much to me!

4 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

The best advice I can give you right now is don't freak out about it.. I remember when I got pregnant with Lucas...we were still staying with Anthony's mom at the time and I was freaking out b/c I had gotten pregnant...just b/c we weren't in our own place yet...Anthony was calm as usual and was so excited about it that it calmed me down and the last thing you need to do while your pregnant is worry:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

No freaking allowed!!! Ohhhhhhhh and Brookie is standing next to me right now saying, "is that your friend?" ... "yes, its Bekka!"..."Betta" she says....."yep....that's Betta" I say!! LOL!! See no reason to freak...they are FUN to convo with!! LOL LOL LOL!! And bad teachers for not being nice nice to the cutest teacher that was there (i'm positive with that statement btw!)..... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I can just imagine what it was like at the appreciation celebration! Good luck with the pregnancy, I'm sure you will rock it!

Mel said...

OMG Bekka! I go away for a couple of days and this is what I miss!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!! You will be a fantastic Mommy. No freaking out allowed....lots of veggies and water and rest:) (((HUGS))) to you....and I totally can't believe you are starting back to school already.