Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Art Walk exhibit

Today, I want to give you a glimpse of my exhibit. 

Art Walk
First, the preparation.  This started on Thursday, because I am a very last-minute person. 

Art Walk
Oh, and the frames?  The best Dollar Tree find of all time!  I spray-painted all of them black so they would match.

Art Walk
The sign pointing you to my location.

Art Walk
And my "artist" sign.  Notice the use of scrappy stickers to cover up the typos.  Why be a diva when you can be crafty?  :)

Art Walk
Mike was very meticulous about the placement of my photos.  To the point that I felt the need to make adjustments after people picked up the photos. 

Art Walk
There was a very nice refreshment table, complete with really yummy brownies and muffins.  (None of this was my doing -- this was all courtesy of the lawyer's wife.)

Art walk display
My finished exhibit. I was very fortunate -- my location was absolutely perfect.  Several people were located in shops where it was very difficult to find their work amongst all the merchandise.

Art Walk
And luckily someone thought to get a pic of me with my exhibit. 

Thanks to the Art Walk, I now have a reputation -- "iPhone Girl". I heard there might have been a little buzz about me...which totally reminds me that I need to start a little buzz about one of the photographers I met -- Courtnie Coulson. She was so sweet and talented, and was telling a lot of people about my work.  I really think you should check her out!

I have tons more photos to share, but I'm trying to spread them out, because I don't want to completely overload you with photos.

7 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

Bekka, these are great!!! I love how meticulous he is being for you...that's love;) And thank goodness someone got a photo of you with your photos!!! WOW, buzz about you, I wish I had some buzz going on about me...I love your photos, so you totally deserve it...glad all went well!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeee to be called "i-phone girl"...sounds super hero-ish!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee these photos Bekka!! Soooooooooooooo glad it was a success for u! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melonie said...

Love your little exhibit Bekka!

Unknown said...

Way, way cool! I love how neat and linear your display looked. What a great idea with the frames.

EverydayMe said...

Bekka... this is amazing... I love the photos... and iphone girl you are genius... so happy it was a success!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Amy said...

i'm so proud of you!! :D

Deana said...

CONGRATS, i-Phone girl! :-)