Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sleeping arrangements

I never ever ever ever thought I would let a pet sleep in my bed.  Never ever ever ever. 

And then came Lola.  Pair her up with Mike's insistance on keeping the bedroom door open (easier access for trespassers?  I don't know...), and you can easily see where this is going. 

This is what a typical night looks like:*



Not so bad.  She mainly keeps at the end of the bed, neatly tucked between two sets of feet, only occasionally venturing to the head of the bed for a 3 am pet-and-purr session.

Sometime through the night, I found that the arrangments had changed.  Somehow, Lola managed to push both sets of feet to their respective sides of the bed.    She is a sly one, that Lola.



















Imagine my surprise this morning that Lola had designed a totally new sleeping arrangment somewhere between the hours of 5 and 8 am that positioned her right on top of the back of my knees.


Lola's response when I moved her back to her spot?  Look at owner, streeeeeeetch, aaaaaaaand upsidedownheadflop.

















* Being under the same roof with Mike for the last 5.5 years, it was inevitable that I would start taking on some of his habits. Like drawing diagrams to explain things. If I ever start rambling about random historical topics, please bring this to my attention.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I love the diagrams!! And that's too funny cuz we've had the discussion of Noel getting into my bed...so far she isn't getting into it at night, and I'd like to keep it that way! Love, Jess

Unknown said...

hahaa, i love your diagrams!! Sooo cute that you guys let lola sleep with you. :) My cat's always slept with us too, and now our dog does. they take up about half the bed, they're so spoiled!
I will make sure to tell you if you start rambling about historical topics! I'll probably start to nod off while reading your blog if that happened and nobody wants that! lol

sarah said...

hahahahaaha!!!!! oh, if i had diagrams for maui and hilo you would be like, wth?! ;)

anyway, our pets are so spoiled... but that's ok. they're like our kids. :)

and i'll def let you know if you start rambling and drawing diagrams for historical things. ;) i still think mike should have a blog for all of the randomness he likes to share.

hugs,
s.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

lol lol lol lol....and if u start rambling should i call the julie police??? lol lol lol!!! this is totally CLASSIC!!! love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeannine said...

Ha ha ha ha hahahahaha!! Your adorable diagrams are so great! Cats are notorious for taking over the bed. Too funny!

Amy said...

lmao! you so funny!

Anonymous said...

Love this post Bekka...so funny!Those diagrams are brilliant...I get it ;)
Maybe you can buy a bigger bed ;)