Thursday, January 7, 2010

I love snow days that actually have a significant amount of snow.

It's a cold, snowy day today.  (A legitimate snowfall this time.)  School was cancelled today and tomorrow, so this has been my veiw for a good portion of the day:



Tomorrow I really want to build lots of tiny snowmen


Cold weather leaves me craving soup.  So I made a pot of cheesy potato soup for dinner.  It's pretty easy.  Boil about 5 diced potatotes and 1/2 a chopped onion until the potatoes are soft (use just enough water to cover them in the pot).  Add milk until you get the desired consistency.  Add a couple spoons of butter.  Let this heat back up, then add shredded cheese.  I use about half a bag (which I think equals about a cup).  Serve with bacon bits.  Yes, I'm very inexact with my measurements when it comes to soup, but this one is pretty easy to figure out. 

12 comments:

chris a said...

Your soup sounds good - I have been making soup for several days now: bean soup; onion, potato, and ham soup; red chili; tomorrow will be red pepper potato soup; and Saturday will be split pea soup with the ham bone from New Year's Day. We don't have snow here but it is very cold for us! Have some fun days at home!

Unknown said...

yayyy for school being cancelled!! that soup looks yummy!! :) I hope you have a great long weekend, hope you get all of your snowmen built! hehe

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want a snow day....really i do....maybe i should stop blog hopping to cold places...it reminds me where i live and depresses me even more...lol!!! that soup looks yummy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Glad to see we're not the only ones getting snow! No school today or tomorrow for us, too!

Have fun scrapping & have a GREAT weekend, Bekka! :-)

sarah said...

soup sounds soooooo good!!! and ummm, i wanna see those lil snowmen that you make! :) hehe.

hugs,
sarah.

Inka said...

that first pic is cute. i bet your craft room looks so pretty and inspiring. :)
we never get cancelled for school if it snows here. funny. :)

Mika said...

Also snow in Holland this year so off to built some snow men. Back soon. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Amy said...

If it rains we will have snow too. It is Brrrrrr cold outside. Love your photo and that soup sound wonderful. Hugs, Amy

Hanneke said...

That soup sounds delicious!!! To bad i am the only one in my house who likes soup, the boys only want mushroomsoup out of a can :(!!! No school, extra free time how great is that!!! We are having cold weather as well, we can iceskate on the steets and maybe we will get some snow this weekend again, we will see!!
Have fun!!

Melonie said...

Mmm..that soup looks yummy. We've got snow too and my view looks much like yours;) Mini snowmen sound so fun.

rebekka said...

Somehow I came across a comment you wrote on someone else's blog...and I just HAD to stop by and say hi because you are the only person I've ever come across who spells their name the same way as me! So....HI!

-Rebekka

Tiffeney said...

Thanks for the soup recipe. I totally copied and pasted in into word and printed it just the way you typed it. Now to add to the cook book. I have been looking for an easy potato soup.