Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins. And still no soda (and I'm still holding it together!)

I'm feeling the need for something consistent here on the blog, so I think I'm going to start doing Friday Fill-Ins every week.
  1. Wouldn't it be easy if soda didn’t exist? That about sums up my week.  
  2. Bathroom duty is better than ever! Seriously, I really like talking to students in a not so class-roomy way. 
  3. I love the taste of pumpkin cupcakes. I think I’ll make some this weekend. 
  4. Some cleaning needs to go on in the living room. Because we have company coming over Saturday night! 
  5. The first thing we're going to do is wake up and start the coffee Friday morning. I switched to Italian Roast yesterday morning…good stuff! 
  6. Icicles go drip, drip, drip; yes, that’s pretty much what they do. Ha ha!  By far the most challenging fill-in on this list. 
  7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a possible inch of snow, tomorrow my plans include dominoes night and Sunday, I want to go to the new Dollar TreeIt’s the little things, right?

And of course, here's your no-soda update: 

 
Day three without soda (otherwise known as Wednesday) was surprisingly easy. Probably because I was ridiculously busy that day. Day four went well, too. I didn't think it would, because I was super tired when I woke up...I usually want a soda on days like that. But it was a very good day. I've been drinking mostly water, and a little pineapple juice, grape juice, and Life Water (cherry pomegranate) here and there.  I like flavor. Oh, and of course, coffee. Today, I forgot to add creamer before I left. And, much to my surprise, I didn't mind. (Just so you know, I’m giving up soda, but not caffeine. I’m just interested in getting rid of those 200+ ridiculously empty calories I had been taking in every day.)

 
I hope you all get to take it easy this weekend!  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

yeah ummmmmmmmmmmmm can u send me some of those pumpkin muffins!!! yummy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)