Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh good. I didn't forget how to scrap.

I've been feeling a little creative lately.  Probably because I organized my scrapbook stuff.  It's been several months since I scrapbooked just for me, so  I just wanted to share a couple of pages that I made over the weekend. 

So, my friend Ashley is just the cutest.  Last winter, while on our church couples retreat, a big group of us played Password (the game where you have to pass the game around and not be the one caught with it when the buzzer goes off).  The following is Ashley's strategy for Password domination: 























And one dedicated to my love of all things crochet. This was simple, but I really like how it turned out.

It was a nice surprise this morning to log in to SIS and see this:


Thanks Angie!!!

And I also played around with a couple of challenges this week. 

Scrapping the Music is highlighting the Golden Girls theme.  One of my very best friends from college was a huge fan of the Golden Girls, so I knew immediately that the page was going to be about him!  Seriously, I cannot hear the theme song without thinking of Jonathan. 

The Creative Type posted a challenge recently, too:  involve newspaper in your layout.  This one actually inspired two layouts, but I'm only finished with the first one, so I'll go ahead and post it today.  I hand cut my title from newspaper.

It feels good to get back into this.  I need vacations more often.  Or snow days.  I'll take snow days.  :)

Oh, speaking of snowdays, we had our first one today.  Would you like to see what qualifies as a snow day around here?


I'm not even kidding.  We are such wimps.  My favorite professor said in her facebook status this morning that if she got out for this kind of snow in Montana, where she grew up, she would only have gone to school in September and May, and would still be in the 8th grade. 

Yes, we are wimps. 

19 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your projects all look great Bekka! I love that you made the STM layout about your friend who loves the Golden Girls - that is so perfect! And your layout is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

Melissa said...

Congrats on SIS Catwalk! I love your "Hooked" title and picture! I haven't done much of any scrapbooking lately...thanks for the inspiration! Miss ya, Shelby!

Jessica Wilson said...

Oh, I love those layouts!! I really want to make time to do the STM this time!! I guess maybe after the funeral Thursday, I might feel like doing some things. I'm blog hopping now, to concentrate on other things! Congrats on the Catwalk too!!! Love, Jess

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these lo's and congrats on the catwalk!!!! thanks for playing along with STM!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! and hehehehehehehehehe....I keep begging for "its too hot" days so i can get out of work!! lol!! ummmmmmmmmm i mean....hello???? 122 degrees on some days here....would U wanna go out in that???? LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenneke said...

Congrats on the catwalk, Bekka!!! LOVE your Hooked layout!!
And love the other ones too. I definitely have to join STM this week, Golden Girls were one of my favorites too!

Glad you still know how to scrap ;-)

XXXJenneke

Anonymous said...

That's so fun all that snow ;)
Loving all of your layouts bekka!Congrats on making the catwalk!And your STM layout is gorgeous!It's really fun scrapping just for you ;)

yyam said...

I love your style Bekka! It's simple but really striking! Congrats on making the SIS Catwalk! And thanks for joining the fun at STM!

Unknown said...

Nice layouts Bekkalove your newspaper title=thanks for joinging in. Ane I have lots of snow where I amand I'm loving it!!

Unknown said...

Sorry-My typing is so bad!

Kent said...

Thanks for playing along with us over at The Creative Type! Cute layout and really cute picture! Congrats on making the Catwalk. I love to knit and crochet too!

Paz said...

Hi Bekka!! I need to get back into the swing of scrapping again as well. I think organizing is just the answer:)

Thank you for playing along with us, I love how you used the newspaper print for letters, looks great!!

Irma said...

so glad you're scrapping again! Organizing does wonders for creativity, but for me, even just looking through my shtuff :)
Love your CT take on the newspaper print and the title is clever!

Unknown said...

Love your projects... great job! Thanks for playing along with us at STM!

Deana said...

Congrats on Catwalk... that LO is so CUTE! :-)

Unknown said...

wow, you don't look rusty at all!love that handcut newsprint title--ingenious!

anne g-i said...

wow - when you catch up, you catch up! Loved your STM LO (and the rest too :) of course)

mandysea said...

lOVE YOUR interpretation of Golden Girls!! You've used that lyric perfectly!!

Love your creative type LO tooo!!
Thanks for playing with stm

Kristii said...

Such amazing work!!! Congratulaitons on being on the Catwalk!!! Love your take on the STM challenge!! Thanks for playing along!!

MissMian said...

Great LOs and congrats to the place at the catwalk! Love your STM LO!!! Thank you for playing along with us!