Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pink, frilly, owl-y things

Before I forget any longer -- I completely forgot to say thank you for your paper trimmer suggestions! Thank you all for taking the time to give me your opinions! Although I changed my mind and decided to stick with Squishee (cutterpede's new name) for now. Why, you ask?

Oh, because of this! And this! I joined my first kit club -- Studio Calico! I won a $10.00 coupon on Kirsty's blog, and decided to put it to good use. Originally, I was only going to buy Sherwood Forest, the main kit. But then I saw the Maid Marian add on, and it was so pink and frilly and owl-y that I just couldn't pass it up! :)
Other than that, it's turning out to be a pretty blah week. I'm really tired of whiny teenagers.

So for something a bit happier, here are my daily cards:
This was part of the stash that Lisa gave me...love the color!
This refers back to my last post -- I used the bag from the hardware store on the card.
This is a quote from Mike. It seems lately, we end up at the $5 movie bin at Walmart. This is how Mike felt about it last weekend:
This one pretty much says it all:
We cleaned on Sunday. Mike is usually the one who takes the initiative to start.

And in honor of joining Studio Calico:

Last week's This is Me journal was to tell about the thing you spend too much money on. Who want to guess? :)

And I just love this one...Mike is baby-phobic. I think the photo pretty much sums it up! So, which one of these guys do you think looks more freaked out? :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

dude those kits!! both FAB both sold out. dang! have tons of fun with it!

you're so good with your daily cards. i think i'm getting burnt out on mine. been doing them since like july of last year so it's hard for me to stay enthused, but yours are always inspirational :)

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

i too feel your pain...whiney teenagers are enough to drive one to drink...or scrap...or join clubs...or just sit on the couch and read....love the kits you are getting!!! Isn't mail fun?

Veronica said...

I mailed out your tags yesterday!! I just sent you a mix of them in colors, b&w....hope you have fun! :)

Unknown said...

I love your cards!!!
Your pages are awesome too!!!
Hope the week is a wonderful one :)

Michelle said...

he he...that's what I look like holding babies...no joke! lol...lovin your dailies...I'm so amazed, cuz I can't ever keep up with stuff like that! =) Lovin the pages, too!

Inka said...

these are all lovely, but i LOVE the "hobby" one. :)

Mika said...

Love your cards. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)