Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I heart snow.

So, I was supposed to go back to work today. But it snowed! Most of the schools in the area were cancelled, including mine! I still got up at 5 am, anyway (I was already awake, hoping for the phone call) . I scrapped for a little while. Here's what I came up with:


This is a photo of my boss when I worked in the tech department back in college. She was such an influence on me...kind of a "mom" away from home.

I finished this one last night. Mike and I started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace program back in March. It's really helped up pay off a lot of debt (we actually expect to be debt free this month!), and just generally get out finances in order. One big thing for me was realizing that I needed to cut up my credit card. I am a person who, if I'm not careful, can rack up a bunch of little stupid purchases. Without my credit card, I have to recognize my limits. A very good thing for me!

Here are my daily cards for the first two days of the year:




And I've already missed taking my daily photo yesterday! Yeesh.

Oooh...I finally got to see Juno last night! Loved it!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

love that you're doing daily cards! how did you like juno?? i loved it, but wanted to punch the rock band husband in the balls. he was a creepster.

Lisa said...

i just got your package today!!! thanks so much for the adorable ornament!! it will definitely go on the tree next year :) and thanks for the extra goodies, you are the bestest!!

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

i love the scrap pages you made. Did the program really help? Owen and I have alot of debt that often weighs heavy on us.

Ronda Palazzari said...

ohh so cute! Love SNOW days! Excuses to stay indoors and just veg!

Veronica said...

I want to see that movie!

I love that LOand pic of you (financial peace) LOVE IT!!

I loved my cute tree...pink too!! I was SO excited to get it!

Christina C. said...

cuuute. love those layouts.

also, awesome cards