Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks for the snowy wishes!

At 5:15 this morning, I recieved the announcement that we would be on a 1-hour delay. Not bad...an extra hour of sleep is nice. I got up to check the list of school closings on the local news...nothing. I looked as though the delay was all we would get, so I went back to bed to savor an extra 58 minutes of sleep. Ten minutes later, the phone rang again. This time, school had been cancelled! (Was there a blizzard in those 10 minutes?) It didn't look too bad outside, but snow was falling. However, I teach in the county to the north of us, and the weather was supposed to be worse the closer we were to the Ohio River. Mike, teaching in the county south of us, had no delay or cancellation. :( I'll have to be super nice to him when he gets home.


So, I promised photos of today's snow. I took these around 10:00 this morning. Try not to be jealous of all the snow on the ground. :)


I think if you look very closely at the front bumper, you'll see two falling snowflakes. :)

The view from my front door...I think I should build a snowman in honor of today.

Again, I'm sure we got hit harder to the north of us. I just think it's funny to look out my window and call this a snow day.

This is what I've been working on today:

My research analysis is due tomorrow at 6 pm. I am nearly finished with section 2/3 (the longest section). Section 3 is pretty brief...I get to talk about what I've already talked about. Shouldn't be that difficult. ;) Ugh...while I will enjoy having a piece of paper hanging on my wall that says I have a master's degree, I will be so much happier to know that I have this job requirement out of the way! (Summer 08!)

Back to work!

No comments: