- Emma's recipe for chocolate croissants . Oh my goodness, I MUST try these! She has lots of great recipes...the whole blog is definitely worth a browse.
- 30 printable valentines from thelongthread.com, just in case time runs out before you can make your valentines (Bekka sheepishly raises her hand...)
- Jen Renee's folded notes. This made me smile, even though I was never particularly good at folding notes. And I was a good student who didn't do such distracting things. :)
- A crochet fortune cookie pattern, and this felt owl brooch linked up over at Craftzine.
- A great look back at a journey to becoming an English teacher. This is one I need to revisit every month or so. Made me smile.
- Lady Gaga wardrobe cookies! Ha! Genius.
- How to take real photos with the iPhone. I use my iPhone camera a lot...some good advice here.
- Brandy's beautiful first quilt! I refuse to believe this was her first quilt, it's that amazing. Love those colors!
- Printable paper dolls. Including Betsy McCall! <---That was for you, Mom!
- A tutorial for a lovely doily pillow.
- Amy's cute, cute, cute fall mini album!
- A TtV photography introduction. Because I seriously had no idea that's how it was done (I, too, thought you needed special film). I'm on the lookout for a good camera for this project.
- A tutorial for a scarf headwarmer. This just looks fun.
I have made some use of my time off. I made this layout for the latest Creative Type challenge -- use type as an embellishment. So I spraypainted the leftover from a sheet of stickers, and put them on one side of my layout. I like it, because the Sassafrass stickers look like lined paper in the background, and the layout has to do with the pumpkin carving contest at school. I thought it was appropriate. :) And I included some journaling on the other doily, and tucked it behind the photo. It was a nice way to make use of my leftovers. I find lately that I'm less and less of a manufactured embellishement kind of girl.
P.S. - Head over to Sarah's blog -- she's hosting a very fun game today!