Sunday, October 28, 2007

I have to give a big shout-out to Tania, who had the coolest contest on her blog this week. A contest that I won! :D The prize?



Only my necklace will say "breathe". (Tania had us post the word that describes us or who we want to be -- yeah, mine was "breathe".) The necklace is made by the oh-so-talented Lisa Leonard! Absolutely gorgeous stuff! Definitely check it out!

Let's see...in other news, I'm giving up soda this week. Hopefully longer than that, but I'll start small. I drink more soda than I should, and lately I noticed my back hurts not long after I drink it -- definitely not a good sign! I gave it up earlier this year, along with most products containing high fructose corn syrup, and had very few cravings -- the first few days are always the worst, though. So, goodbye once again, Dr. Pepper!

I was a little scared to go to work on Friday -- Fridays in a high school are usually more chaotic than most other days. Add to that the fact that it was Halloween dress up day AND I saw a massive full moon on the way to work (I am convinced full moons wreak havoc on teenagers)! Thankfully, all was well, and there were some awesome costumes! And I'm so excited about work this week -- I'm teaching Photoshop to my freshmen and green mapping to my engineering class! Both topics I love! And my Design class starts building cardboard chairs. I'll share more about that project later -- it's a challenging (but fun) design project!

Okay...time for bed! Gotta make sure I'm alert fora all this excitement! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How many contests can you win!?!? Oh, and Pop is so over-rated...you can give it up! Drink coffee instead!! It's so addicting, and it boosts your metabolism!! haha :oD

Inka said...

congrats bekka!!
you win everything. lol. :)

alittlebitofscrap said...

Congrats on the win. I'm a firm believer in karma :)

Your job sounds like lots of chaotic fun. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

To help you get through the pop withdrawls, try eating a piece of dark chocolate when the pop craving hits.

*danielle* said...

that necklace is awesome, very lucky you! and yes, i'm trying to give up the soda too. *sigh* not fun.
PS hope you don't mind, i tagged you :)