Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Public Service Announcement + Joy + Song

This is my public service announcement for the Christmas season:  Please try to get over petty disagreements for at least one day of the year, if for no other reason than so those around you can enjoy this special time of year without feeling awkward.  Families should celebrate the season together -- it's seems so wrong that people can't seem to put aside differences in the spirit of the Christmas season.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox now.  On to more joyful things!  :)

------------------------------------------------------

HIP_314307189.845862

Joy 28: A funny bowl.  Like the one Mike's salad came in at TGIFridays.  Mine came in a normal bowl.  We would have happily traded.


HIP_314430073.972097

Joy 29: Cameras for Christmas.  Tonight, my mother-in-law gave me the Polaroid Land Camera on the left (she originally bought it to use the carrying case, long before she knew about my love of vintage cameras). Mike's grandpa gave me the Baby Brownie on the right -- it was one of the first cameras he ever owned.


HIP_314406051.074625


Joy 30: Pretty photo mistakes.  I tried to get a picture of the tree while we were at Mike's grandpa's house tonight.  The photo with the most problems turned out to be my favorite.

------------------------------------------------------

What can I say...I really like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".  Earlier this month, I posted the BNL version of the song.  Tonight, enjoy Relient K's rendition. 

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Great Post..so true!!!!

Love the pics!!!

Have a great one!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Amen to your soapbox!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee those cameras!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)