Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh what a night!

I spent last night waking up every two hours to check on my sick husband.  I considered it good practice for what life will be like when Liam gets here.  But it was a long night, sleeping on the couch to avoid catching anything (if he was indeed contagious).  And waking up every two hours to check his temperature.  Thankfully, the fever and stomach issues only lasted a few hours.  He was (mostly) back to his old self this morning. 

Also, because of last night's ordeal, we have a new rule in the Bess household:  No leftover McDonald's under any circumstance.  Ever.  (And for the record, one of us has always followed that rule.)

------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some joy!


Joy 16: Mike's sense of humor.  You just have to read a couple of his status updates from the other night to realize just how funny he is.   There are many things I love about him, but his sense of humor ranks high.



Joy 17: Time for a relaxing breakfast.  Most days, breakfast is a granola bar on the way to school, or oatmeal while on morning hallway duty.  Yesterday morning, I was able to have a relaxing breakfast that had no responsibilities attached to it.  It was lovely.



Joy 18: Crochet.  I found out about this tutorial thanks to Katie.  I haven't tried to crochet anything in a couple of months.  The last time, I was almost in tears because my hands started cramping and I couldn't seem to get the pattern right.  This time was much better.  Plus, I have a cute flower to show for it. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight's song is from Veggie Tales.  I adore Bob and Larry, and the video is so funny...especially the part about the IRS.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope Mike feels better!! I loveeeeeeeeeee today's list! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love the List and so glad that Hubby is feeling a bit better!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Melonie said...

OH I hope Mike gets to feeling better. Love that flower that you crocheted. I've been watching videos on You tube in an attempt to teach myself to crochet. I haven't actually bought any supplies yet though...still gearing up mentally lol!

EverydayMe said...

Glad Mike is better ... love the flower and the veggie tales... those are my favorites... thanks for sharing!!! {{hugs}} Michelle