- Have a picnic lunch. When we got married, Mom gave us this great picnic basket that I've never really used. It's time to pack some sandwiches (and a bottle or two) and put it to good use.
- Go for a hike. I didn't do much outdoors last summer, what with it being ridiculously hot and me being pregnant. I intend to make up for that this summer.
- Have lots of firepit nights. Mike is going to redo the firepit next weekend (a little expansion, plastic ground cover, and new gravel are in order). It's one of my favorite parts of summer.
- Take lots of pictures. Now is not the time to slack on photography. In fact, I spent last night and this morning downloading actions to use on my photos. I have some really great ones of Liam from yesterday that I'll post shortly.
- Scrapbook. I'm so out of practice. Time to get back into one of my favorite hobbies.
- Read. So far The Hunger Games series, The Walking Dead vol. 14, Radical Together, and The History of Love are at the top of my list.
- Buy a new bedspread. We're waiting on our tax refund for this one. I really like some of the styles I've seen at Target lately.
- Zumba and running. I can't wait for this one! The weather or our schedules haven't cooperated yet, but this week I'm planning on going to my first Zumba class. And when the weather clears up (and Mike gets home early enough to watch Liam), I'm going to get back into running. I miss it. In the meantime, we can take walks at the park together.
- Take some day trips. The zoo, the aquarium, a state park or two. I know he's not really old enough to enjoy these things, but we like them too.
- Go to a Reds game. I really enjoyed my first Reds game last summer, and I'm ready to do it all over again.
- Enter my photos in the Art Walk. Last year, I had the best time entering my Hipstamatic prints. This year I would like to include some TTV photography as well. Which means I need to get started on both.
- Ring in 31 in style. Because I forgot to do that when I turned 30 last year. Oops! I think I'll have a 30+1 party, so as not to confuse it with a certain brand of purse parties.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Check out Danielle's post from earlier today. Even though we're just getting out of the cold temps around here, she inspired me to make a list of my own summer goals.