Thursday, April 14, 2011

My new photography experiment.

Don't forget to vote for my new blog banner.  You have until noon on Friday to cast your vote.



I mentioned in my Summer Goals post that I wanted to experiment with some TTV photography.  I already have one twin-lens reflex camera (a Kodak Duaflex II) that I found in an antique store in Lexington over the summer.  Ideally, I like to happen upon these cameras...it's more fun that way.  But because the Art Walk is in June, the chances of me finding a variety of twin-lens reflex camera on my own is pretty slim.

Last night I bid on a few cameras, and won each auctions!  I will soon be the proud owner of an Anscoflex, an Argoflex seventy-five, and a Kodak Brownie Starflex.  The Anscoflex is already in the mail.  I'm still looking at a couple of other cameras.  I have this vision for my Art Walk display, and it involves several TLR cameras.

Ideally, I'd like to add a Tower Phantom, an Ansco Panda, a Golden Shield, and a Spartus Full-Vue to my collection.  My wishlist.  But since I now have four cameras for TTV, I can be patient and wait for the right price.

I'm hoping to have some great photos to share with you in the near future!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* you know i loveeeeeee antique cameras! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

EverydayMe said...

wow this is beautiful... love it... the oldest camera I have is from the 50's it's Nikon... wish I had more they are so cool!! {{hugs}} Michelle