Friday, December 18, 2009

My pre-Christmas goals

One week until Christmas, and I'm feeling the pressure. It's not really that bad, but I'm glad this kind of thing only happens once a year. Here's what I want to accomplish before the 25th:

1. Finish my crocheted gifts. Last night, I finished two of them. I’m getting really, really good at (and sick of) making these things. Which reminds me – I should probably make a list and figure out exactly how many I need to make.

2. Wrap gifts. This one shouldn’t be too bad. I’m in the mood for some new wrapping paper. Really loving what people are doing with kraft paper. Also, I still need to finish finding my mom’s gift.

3. Stalk the mailbox. Actually, my porch. Because all my orders have shipped!!! Just waiting on one big box from Amazon.

4. Finish my TAAFOMFT December 30 challenge before I leave. By the way, the new challenge is up. Hop on over there when you finish up here. Fave car -- mine is the Toyota, without a doubt. My parents bought one in 1980 (yes, the year I was born), and it became my first car when I learned to drive. A few years ago, Mike and I bought one of our own. Seriously love this car!




5. Visit my in-laws. Spending the weekend with Mike’s family. Opening gifts. Dinner at Bob Evans. Hopefully visiting one of the coolest vintage stores ever!

6. Update grades. Everyone has a time-thief. The end of the semester is mine (and Mike’s). I’ve been so focused on getting some of my kids to pass that I’ve neglected many Christmas traditions. Like sending out Christmas cards. Or putting up the tree. Or putting up any decorations at all. I am currently trying to start the tradition of the Christmas Lamp. Sing with me! "O Christmas Lamp, O Christmas Lamp. The tree’s still in the closet.... O Christmas Lamp, O Christmas Lamp. So energy efficient…" I think it has the makings of a Christmas classic. :)

7. Take a photo of Lola. Not just any photo. A photo of her in her pretty winter sweater. Thankfully, her tolerance level for my insanity increases a little more every year.

8. Make dessert for the Christmas potluck at work. It isn’t Christmastime until I make cake balls. Super, super easy and tasty. Basically, bake a cake. Crumble the cake into a bowl. Mix with a container of icing. Roll into balls. Freeze. Dip in chocolate. I’m making chocolate dipped in chocolate for the potluck. I made red velvet dipped in vanilla last weekend.

9. Make garland. I’ve jumped on the finger knit garland bandwagon. So easy, and so fun! I have another idea for garland that I haven’t seen yet. So it might be an original. But I gotta finish goal #1 first. Side note: I’m pretty much just asking for yarn for Christmas. Seriously addicted.

10. Clean. Okay, so this one isn’t super important to me. We’re clean people…just not particularly good at putting things back in their places immediately.

I hope your holiday plans are coming together nicely. Let's all remember to take a few moments to just breathe.

3 comments:

merryheart2 said...

i'm digging the Christmas lamp idea.
those cake balls sound good. i'm gonna try that. thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas to you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone...but my list looks just like this!!! LOL!!! Well....yours has important grade stuff on it...and mine just has cleaning...lol lol lol...but u get the idea! LOL! :):):):):):):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melonie said...

Loving that LO and how you used the Anthro catalog;) Hope you get sometime to relax and just enjoy the holiday!