The new challenge is up over at TAAFOMFT. This one's easy-peasy: show us your favorite layout. Yep, that's it. Didn't I say it was easy-peasy? So get over there and link us up! But you haven't scrapped at all this year, you say? Well, according to my watch, there's still a few hours left... :)
Here are some of my favorite layouts from 2009. Not my most productive year of scrapping, but a good one nonetheless.
1. I chose this one as my favorite layout of the year because there are just so many things about it that I love. The buttons, the puffy paint, the stitching, the color...it just makes me smile.
2. I chose this one because it commemorates one of the biggest events of 2009 -- the day we closed on our house. The photos are from the realtor listing. It's also nice to look back on, because we've already made some changes.
3. I got to hang out with my friend Kate this year. She and her husband moved to Chicago a couple of years ago. I really miss them, and had kind of forgotten just how much fun it was to be around her. I really need to make it up to Chicago soon. I'm missing her again.
4. Let's just say that back in the day I may have had a little adjusting to do when it came to my new baby sister. Thank goodness I grew out of that stage...mostly... :)
5. This one makes the list for humor. The photo is from summer 2008 when we went to Munich after our mission trip to Poland. Mike had warned me about the glockenspiel. That it wasn't very interesting but I needed to see that for meself. And I did. And it was...well...yeah...he was right. Stupid Chuck E. Cheese animatronics for giving me unrealistic expectations...
6. We like Half Price Books. Specifically, my husband loves Half Price Books. The man could spend hours there. I'm really happy with the way this turned out.
7. Remember the time my husband and his friend dressed up like Raggedy Ann and Andy to run the Raggedy Ann 5K? Oh yeah, I scrapped it, and I'm pretty happy with the title. :)
8. I love this one from TAAFOMFT. I'm really happy with the photo, and the story behind it is pretty cool.
9. I know most of you were starting to wonder where Lola was...no way my girl could be absent from this list! Her obsession with bottle lids had to be documented, because it consumes a significant portion of her life...and the space under our bookcases. :)
10. This one is one of my favorites because when I look at it, I get really excited for next year. Following our guys on the Bourbon Chase was one of the coolest things I've every done. I'm very lucky to know these girls!
I wish you all happy scrapping in 2010! May all your layouts be your favorite.