Friday, March 16, 2012

Double Pinsday Friday!

Because I forgot to post the pin I had every intention of sharing last week, here's a double dose of completed pins for you! 



The first pin I want to share is Parmesan Squash Bake.  My reasoning was simple: we had squash and we had Parmesan.  Normally this would be the part where I tell you to read the entire recipe before committing to it -- onions play a role in this recipe, but we didn't have any on hand -- except I really liked the non-onion version of this dish. A happy mistake! (Come to think of it, I think I left out the garlic as well.)  We're big fans of squash and zucchini in our house, and even without the onion (and garlic), it was a really yummy twist on a standard. 



The other pinned recipe I tried was Roasted Asparagus.  Mike is usually the one who fixes the asparagus in our house, but he was busy working in the yard, and I was hungry and impatient.  I went with one of the first recipes to come up in Pinterest.  It was very easy to prepare...drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle some sea salt, and roast for 20 minutes.  Mike LOVED it...I think asparagus may have just become my thing. 

No comments: