Monday, January 3, 2011

And we're back...

...to work, that is.  Which is a good thing, really.  I must admit that it's nice to go back knowing I'll only have to be there for the next eight weeks or so.  Yes, we're getting close.  So much to do:
  • finish Liam's quilt (which I have decided to hand-quilt)
  • get a presentation together by tomorrow afternoon
  • get a report together, also by tomorrow afternoon
  • grade semester exams
  • post 2nd quarter and 1st semester grades
  • plan daily lessons for the remainder of the year
  • write and turn in my FMLA request
I'm close to feeling overwhelmed.  But it's not all bad.
  • I have made significant progress on Liam's quilt ...the top should be completely pieced tomorrow night
  • I ordered Girl Scout cookies today (thin mints, peanut butter patties, and lemonades)
  • I'm the guest of honor at three baby showers this month
  • Mike starts my car for me every morning.
  • we're getting together with some friends this weekend
  • Mike cooked sloppy chicken for dinner (even though he really wanted kielbasa and sauerkraut)
  • I will be giving a presentation tomorrow while he enjoys his kielbasa and sauerkraut (sorry, not a fan)
And now I'm off to bed...hopefully a few of those items will be knocked off the list when I post again tomorrow night. 

5 comments:

Christina Aiton said...

Yay on your progress on the quilt! I love to quilt by hand - it is so peaceful and also warm in the winter. Quilting in the ditch goes very quickly. Good luck!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm girl scout cookies!!! need some thin mints...will have to find me a seller!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melonie said...

Um...catching up after a few days away and can I just say WOW!! Liam's quilt is amazing and so are you! Where are you getting all of this energy? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

*kim* said...

You need to fit some rest in there somewhere Little Momma! :)

EverydayMe said...

can't wait to see the quilt... Rainee doesn't go back to school until monday the 10th... hope your first week back was good!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle