So I'm finally getting around to posting about last weekend. I had so much fun -- I'm already starting my fund for next year's event! There was so much going on -- I'm actually kind of glad I didn't take any classes, because I would have missed out on so much! I met so many amazing people -- I don't think I'll list them because (1) the list is soooo long and (2) I'm afraid I'll leave someone out. I didn't sleep much -- my brain was on overdrive! And I became very familiar with Steel Magnolias, thanks to my fantastic roommates! :)
On the way there, I ran over a freshly blown-out tire from the tractor trailer in front of me. $731.90 worth of damage. Nothing major, mainly body. Yay for deductables! (Still waiting on the insurance adjustor to grace us with his/her presence...)
Here is the link to my SISiversary mini book. It was a make-and-take from the event, and I added in a bunch of other make-and-takes. It was a fun, random little project!
And here are my photos from SISiversary.
I'm so glad I went -- I can't believe I was a little nervous about going! That feeling went away almost as soon as I got there -- I was hugged so many times before I even got inside the hotel! :D
- I have a new goal of collecting duct tape in every color. Can't get enough of the stuff for my layouts.
- I have to work for the next three days. Curriculum planning. Ugh.
- I am playing with the new scrapstars kit. It's so fab -- and it's available in a couple of weeks.
- My head hurts. Sinuses. I opted to skip church this morning and sleep it off. Felt bad about that, but still enjoyed the sleep.
- Our phone number is very close to the phone number of a taxi service in a nearby town. Drunk people + inaccurate dialing = my phone ringing at 3 am. I was surprisingly cheery to the person who woke me up at an odd hour last night...at least he was calling for a cab and not driving.
- We're going to buy a point and shoot camera before our trip to Poland next month. Any suggestions?
- I really want to add a Flip to that purchase. :)
Well, I think I'm off to evening church services. During the summer, they are held at the church park (lots of cooking out, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee!) But it looks like it's going to storm, so maybe we won't...