Through the day, I find myself running out of "baby" conversation. I ramble a lot, and sometimes that rambling leads to some rather odd conversations with Liam. (This is the first of what I'm sure will be many, many volumes.)
- "...and we have the Pagans to thank for that." (While explaining that Easter baskets and bunnies were not the reason for Easter.)
- "We don't wear socks on our hands! Unless we're Daddy and we're running on a really cold day." (While reading Sandra Boynton's Blue Hat, Green Hat.)
- "Lola says 'purr'. I know you've only heard her say 'hiss', but she really can say 'purr'. (While reading Frida Bing's Cluck and Moo.)
- "I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, 'Get away from me, strange worm-man!'" (Upon seeing Liam's reaction to his Gloworm.)
- "I'd rather you take a pacifier than suck on your thumb. Mommy can take away the pacifier later on, but she can't chop off your thumb."
- "Please don't expose Mommy!"
- "Good job! If you had teeth I'd give you a cookie!"
- "Three months old and the ladies are already flashing you." (Oh yes, that happened over the weekend.)*