Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas.

Not a lot.  Not yet, at least.

Mike put up the tree.  Yes, the same tree that wouldn't fit in my car last year.  The one my dad had to make a special trip to K-Mart to help me get it home.  Totally worth it.  Our newly rearranged living room looks great!



I'm so proud of us!  At first glance, this might seem like an extreme statement, considering there are no ornaments yet, but keep in mind that (1) last year we didn't even decorate, and (2) there was one year that we just put the gifts under Mike's road bike. 

You read that right.  Now, let's all sing:
          O Christmas bike, O Christmas bike
          Your spokes are extra shiny.

I did find this little guy while I was shopping the other day.  See how perfectly he matches last year's Starbucks ornament.  (Yes, I'm on a sock monkey kick as of late.  Would it surprise you to know that I really want Liam to be a sock monkey for Halloween next year?)



And, I got to bring out the really cute tart warmer my Secret Santa from work gave me last year. 



On top of that, I bought some scented tarts over the weekend.  They are amazing (and adorable).  I used the mistletoe scent tonight.


I hope to have a decorated tree to share tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm thinking "oh Christmas bike" might NOT catch on... lol!!! Loveeeeeeeeeee the sock monkey!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Yay! I lent my tree to a friend because we won't be home & because I HATE putting the tree up! :) I did put up a teensy ceramic tree that lights up that my Gram made a few minutes ago. It's cute & perfect for us!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Haha - Christmas bike!! If it were up to Nate, we might not have a tree, but the tree is one of my very favorite things about Christmas, so I insist. Your first ornament is super cute!