Sunday, September 26, 2010

What we're reading.


Childrens book.  Specifically, Mike is reading childrens books to the baby.  It's so sweet, and I have to keep from tearing up every time he does it.  This weekend, we picked up Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish Two Fish, Cordouroy (my all time favorite!), Little Bunny Kung Fu, and Chicken Bedtime is Really Early at Half-Price Books.  The rest of the books on the shelf came from the in-laws' house -- Mike raided the bookshelf.  And this weekend, Mom asked me if I wanted the Charlie Brown's 'Cycolpedia set that we had as kids.  I didn't hesitate to say yes!  :) 

7 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

we always read to the kids when we were pregnant too! And now, they can't get enough reading...I can't count the number of times they ask me to read to them in a day!!! Which is a great thing:) Sounds like you are doing great...happy reading!

Unknown said...

So sweet, friend! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! Soooooooooooooooo sweet!!!! And how cool your Mom has the Charlie Brown books!! What a TREASURE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

I love old children's books and still have some that were my mom's when she was a child!!! Those old illustrations make me smile. :) Enjoy the process of stocking up!

sarah said...

this is too sweet. ;)

Deana said...

I would sit in the rocking chair & read to Bryn while she was still in my belly. Such sweet memories...

You must make a LO about that... ;-)

EverydayMe said...

too too sweet... I did that with Rainee...
{{hugs}} Michelle