Sunday, September 12, 2010

My jack-o-lanterns will all have sad faces this year...


My friend Carolyn found this recipe in a gift shop, and texted the photo to me.  Sounds pretty yummy, and it might even persuade me to puree my own pumpkin, seeing as how the Great Pumpkin Shortage of 2010 is upon us and canned pumpkin is so difficult to come by.  It's a shame, because my favorite cupcake flavor is pumpkin.  On top of that,  I recently found out about this pumpkin scone recipe.  Maybe someday I'll know how yummy it is... 

The thought of no pumpkin goodies saddens me.  Maybe a decaf pumpkin spice latte will make me feel a bit better.  :)

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That does sound yummy....and really??? A pumpkin shortage??? Say it isn't so... what would Charlie Brown say??? lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

A pumpkin shortage??????? We have loads at a farm nearby and we don't even celebrate Halloween, wish I coukd send you some!!!

tenaya said...

We always have a canned pumpkin shortage too. One year I subbed with canned yams. I don't suggest it! I now make puree - if your market has sugar/pie pumpkins, get those! Jack-o-lantern pumpkins aren't so great sometimes.

EverydayMe said...

I'll take the pumpkin latte... and drink with you... {{hugs}} Michelle