Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008
I started making felt things this week. I started with flowers...
Have a great day/night, everyone! I will definitely keep up with the blog more this week!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
- we start a new schedule -- 50 minute classes that meet every day instead of 90-minute classes that meet every other day. I'm really looking forward to this change!
- No more building construction!!! No more attempting to talk over big equipment, no more people coming in and out of my room with ladders, etc. All my stuff will be in one place. No more packing!
- I get my old room back! Right now, we can't do very many projects because of limited space. I looked at "room 207 -- the remix" (new nickname for my room!) this week -- it looks great! I can't wait to get back there and settle in this Fall!
But I have to get through this year first -- 10 more weeks left! After reading Lisa's blog last night, I realized I need to start focusing on the good stuff. I haven't done much of that lately. So here is my list -- it's late, so I'm sure it isn't complete, but it's a start!
- My hubby is not afraid to clean!
- I have a great friend who isn't afraid to kick my bloggy-butt into gear! (Thanks, Lisa!)
- I have an adorable kitten!
- I haven't had soda since January 31!
- I actually had something coffee-based today at Starbucks -- raspberry mocha -- and I liked it!!! (I normally go for caramel apple cider or raspberry hot chocolate...I felt adventurous today!)
- April, my happy mail pal over at SIS, gave me a Maurices gift card a couple of weeks ago. I used it to buy the cutest pink and black top yesterday!
- I'm sending out April's happy mail this week.
- I won a cute skullie stamp the other day.
- I also won this RAK this weekend! (Sharmaine, your comment made me lol! If we ever meet, you totally can!) :D
- Spring Break is Friday thru Monday!
- It isn't suppoed to snow this week!
- I got my first card swap this week -- a St. Patrick's Day swap!
- I think we're gonna have an election night party in November. We're geeky like that! :D
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Starting to feel a little sicky tonight...I'm really hoping not, but I'm sniffly, sneezy, and my eyes are all itchy. Ugh.
March started out with some beautiful weather...then it snowed. Luckily, we were in Tennessee, so we didn't have to deal with much of it! Now we're back to nicer weather!Oooh, remember the set of gold and black mugs in my kitchen video? I found the matching pitcher! For $.50!!! We were in the Peddler's Mall, and I overlooked it the first time, but Mike wanted me to look at a popcorn popper, and there it was!!! So I made a daily card in honor of it (naturally).
Monday, March 3, 2008
Our church couples' retreat in Pigeon Forge is coming up. I'm so excited -- we really need a getaway!
I'm still working on my apartment tour. I videotaped a couple of rooms...not too happy with them, so I think I'll redo them tomorrow.
Got my scrap on the last two nights. I love 8 1/2 by 11 so much that I bought an album for that size! I'm filling it up rather quickly.
Feeling pretty funky when it comes to the job lately. It's draining. An endless stream of hoops to jump through. I usually get this way during March. Close to the end of the year, but not really close enough. Don't worry, though -- this will pass. It always does.
Okay, now for a fun one! This one makes me happy!
My awesome headband has actually been mistaken for a tiara a time or two! :)
There's also the daily cards...so many. Instead of posting them, you can find my album on SIStv here. I have them posted through the 29th.
Speaking of SIStv -- I'm gonna try to sign up for the SISiversary crop in June! Registration is Thursday, and I'm hoping I can get a spot! Keep your fingers crossed for me! It's not too far away (Franklin, TN), and I would love to meet some of the girls from the site!
Well, it's late. I really should get to bed! Have a great day!!!