Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today was a very tragic day.

This morning we lost a student in a bus accident. Please keep his family in your prayers. Also, please pray for our students -- today was a very difficult day, dealing with a lot of shock. Tomorrow is going to be difficult as well -- as the shock experienced today wears off, the reality of the situation is going to hit home for many of these students.

I had him in class last year -- you couldn't ask for a nicer, more positive young man. Even though he wasn't in any of my classes this year, he still stopped by my room from time to time just to let me know what he was up to. He loved to talk -- I'm going to miss that.

This is such a huge loss for our school and community.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know what to say but wanted to let you know I will keep you all in my prayers.

Angie Delarie said...

Ohh sweetie
Im soo sorry !!
My prayers are with you and the young boy
So young !!! Why???
Its so sad bringing tears to my eye's right now
Sorry Bekka>>>

Unknown said...

im soo sorry for your loss. his friends and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh Bekka, how terrible.
HUGS MATE!
Thinking of you and the students/staff

Inka said...

oh, this is so terrible..
i´m so sorry to hear.

Melissa said...

so sorry to hear this- i can't even imagine!
my prayers are with you and the family and friends...

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

oh Bekka, I am so sorry. The kids and staff are in my prayers. His family too.

Veronica said...

awww. that is such sad news. I will pray. :(

Mandi Johnson said...

oh that's absolutely horrible! That is just so sad.

Charin Adams said...

That is so terribly sad! I am so sorry for all of you...I will say a prayer for you.

Lisa said...

oh no! i'm so sorry to hear this bekka!! wow that is just terrible...i'm keeping you and your students in my prayers! i hope things get easier in the next few days.

Susie said...

Sorry Bekka My prayers are with his family and everyone that has been touched by this tragedy.

BRANDY said...

OH NO! That is way tradgic! Too young. My thoughts are with you and his family! Hugs.