Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm trying to be positive...I'm trying to be positive...

I looked at my classroom today.

I have no storage space.

My room is covered in dust and concrete bits.

I have no idea if the network is up-and-running.

My fuse box has no cover. I was told that I will have a sign that says "do not touch".

For at least six weeks, my room will not only be a classroom, it will also serve as a hallway to another classroom.

I was told that the door-sized hole in my wall will have a door tomorrow. Five minutes later I was told the door would be installed next summer.

The building has no AC.

My room is a low priority in terms of completion.

We are scheduled to open next Tuesday. :O

The construction workers gave me their condolences.

I haven't cried yet. I'm trying to be positive. I know I'm going to have to be "adaptable and flexible", as my principal says. My stress level keeps rising, though. I don't feel prepared, because I can't do anything to my classroom.

On the plus side, they did take out a doorway and stairs that had no pupose.

I'll try to post pictures later this week. It's quite a sight.

No comments: