Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NEW MOMMY ADVICE FOR BEKKA.... (Guest post by Michelle B)

A big thanks to Michelle B. for putting together this wonderful post full of advice from my Fave Things girls!  I really treasure all of your advice!  Thanks to all you amazing ladies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bekka - I wanted to give you some helpful New Mommy Advice for my blog guest post... so I called on some our TAAFOMFT DT members to help me out.... Because I know the more advice you get the better you're equipped you are for anything that could come up.... so these are from our hearts to yours....

• Even though you think that no one can take care of your baby better than you, it's important for dad to form a bond with the new baby too. Give him some time alone with the baby for feedings, diaper changes and playtime. Chances are his way of doing things will be different from yours, but that doesn't make his way wrong... just different. Relish in receiving the help that you need. And, go take a nap!
Hugs, Jenneke

• First of all follow you instincts, you're his mom you know him best!!! Don't forget to take good care of yourself and your relation, But most of all ENJOY, LOVE, CHERISH, CUDDLE, HUG, KISS, SING and caress him!! I don't have any particular advise for you, I always and still am following my heart, try to do best that I can and love them the most I can I am not afraid to make any mistakes I am only human and don't need to be perfect (that took me some time to realize) and it's the only way to learn!!!!


So sweet Bekka congrats on your sweet baby, I know you are a great mom!!!
Hugs Hanneke

• Here's my advice.... lay a blanket or something (a towel or a small pillow will do also) underneath the mattress ( head side) to help ease  gastric discomfort that may interfere with the baby's sleeping. It helped Levi to sleep better after drinking.
And of course enjoy all of this baby time!!!
Big hugs, Jeanet

• I remembered a trick that I used with Kian when he was super grumpy: I switched on the hairdryer or the vacuum cleaner and that noise helped him to quit being nervous and he almost immediately fell asleep and I'm pretty sure that works with almost every baby! Maybe a lot of you used this trick but they say that those loud noises are similar to the noises the baby used to listen when was still in the belly.... I don't know this but I can say that as long as I had the hairdryer on he slept like an angel :-))
Hugs, Jana

• "Always TAKE a NAP when they do! You may want to clean the house, do the dishes, or get the laundry done... but TRUST me... the best thing for you is to take a nap when they do! LOL! The laundry and cleaning can wait... your sleep can not! LOL!" :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):):):):):):) HUGS - - Julie

• And lastly from me.... All these ladies have given such great advice... all of which I've used... and am a better mommy for it... now for me.... I think my all time BEST ADVICE is to start teaching Liam "BABY SIGN LANGUAGE" at 9 months... simple words like... all done... more... hungry... bottle... eat... wet diaper... poop... please... thank you...  you will be amazed at how quickly he will pick it up.... his vocabulary along with yours will grow.... and one day you'll be looking at him telling you he's hungry in sign language... and it will blow you away!!! I have to say.... it was one of the most wonderful gifts I had when Rainee was a baby... to be able to communicate with her even before she could talk... it was a blessing!!!

Love you bunches... congratulations to you both.... and Liam you're one lucky lucky lucky little guy!!!! {{bunches of hugs hugs hugs}} MichelleB

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwww I love love love what the FAVE GIRLS came up with! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

I think these are all great tips. I have have followed almost all that is written here in some form or fashion. Just enjoy yuor little one...he is a blessing!

Michelle Gautreaux said...

that was really sweet! great advice!

Mel said...

Love this post:) All so true and I have to say that I started teaching my kids sign language around 7 months and I firmly believe it helped them to communicate their needs to me before they could even talk....cutting down on tantrums for sure:) I use it in my daycare all of the time! (((HUGS))) Bekka! Hope all is going well.

Unknown said...

What fantastic and practical advice!
Very nice post.
:)

EverydayMe said...

Hoping all is going well and you're getting some sleep.... {{hugs}} Michelle