Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two tasty summer discoveries

This summer, I found two wonderful recipes that I can't get enough of.

I went to TGIFriday's when I was in Nashville, and ordered the Strawberry Fields salad. It was good. Then I made one when I got home. It was even better! Basically, it's just romaine lettuce, strawberries, glazed walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette. And sometimes chicken, if I have any. I load mine down with strawberries (TGIFriday's is more lettuce-heavy). Oh, and I think TGIF uses parmesan also...I don't think it needs it (also I never have any on hand), so I don't use it. But it's super yummy!




The other one is something my husband came across on the internet (but I'm not sure where he found it). He was trying to figure out what to do with some zucchini his uncle gave us, because all I know to do is fry it. And that gets boring after awhile. So he found a recipe where you mix feta cheese with some salt and pepper. Halve a zucchini, and scoop the feta mixture on top. Drizzle a little olive oil on top, and then broil on High until the feta starts to brown (which I think takes about 5 minutes).




Now, if I can just figure out how to make the campfire soup at Cracker Barrel, I'll be set. :)

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my YUMMINESS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle Gautreaux said...

okay, now i'm hungry.

sarah said...

okay.... YUM and more YUM! :)

hope you have a great week with the kiddos! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Melonie said...

My Mom makes a similar Strawberry salad and everyone always begs her to make it for every party. LOVE it. I am totally stealing your Zucchini recipe. That looks super yummy.